Faulty fan caused fire in Brighton flats

Posted On 22 Aug 2015 at 10:13 am

A faulty fan was to blame for a fire in a four-storey block of flats in Brighton yesterday morning (Friday 21 August).

The fire service said: “A fire investigation by East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service has found that a fire in Saltdean was accidental – caused by a bathroom ventilation fan.

“The fire in the bathroom spread after melting plastic from the fan dripped into the bath at the block of flats in Longridge Avenue.

“Four appliances were sent to the scene after the alarm was raised at 7.57am on 21 August.

“The fire was located on the third floor of the four-floor property and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reel jets to tackle the fire.

“Everyone was accounted for.”

Leave a Reply

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.