1) Tomer Hemed finally scoring with a header after being denied by brilliant saves in the past few matches. However, it is difficult to ascertain if he really got the last touch on Dale Stephens free-kick.
2) Kazenga LuaLua scoring again – his fourth of the season – and the attempt at four sommersaults. LuaLua has now scored as many goals in August as he scored in whole of last season.
3) That Chris Hughton and all the Albion players and staff again wore black armbands in memory of those who lost their lives at Shoreham. David Stockdale further endeared himself to Albion fans with his touching salute to Matt Grimstone and Jacob Schilt at the final whistle.
4) Albion’s next match will again be a top-of-the-table clash. The leaders will have a visit from Hull City, currently second in the Championship, at the Amex on Saturday 12 September.
5) After 12 years, almost 4,500 days and quite frankly too long, Bobby Zamora made his third Albion debut – not second as reported in some quarters – replacing Tomer Hemed on 77 minutes.