1) No one should be too alarmed by Tomer Hemed’s penalty miss. Gus Poyet’s record breaking League One winners of 2010/11 missed a host of spot kicks – but were promoted by early April.
2) From being injury free,the Seagulls now have some treatment table concerns. Sam Baldock was excluded from playing after suffering a head injury in the previous fixture against Rotherham. However it is not clear if this was further aggravated in training as FA rules do not appear to embargo a player participating after an initial 48 hours have passed. Uwe Huenemeier picked up a knock in training and Tomer Hemed complained of a tight hamstring at half time and was replaced by dubutant Elivs Manu.
3) It was the first 0-0 draw between the two teams. Albion haven’t won at Wolves since 1991. There have been 27 fixtures between the teams ove the last 46 years . 8 of these taking place in August or September.
4) Albion stay top of the Football Leagues 72 clubs . 3 points clear of pre season favourites Middlesbrough. Boro, however have a better goal difference than the Seagulls, but don’t play until next Sunday. So if Albion remain unbeaten they will still hold top spot . But a first loss of the season in the league could see them overtaken by Boro or Burnley .
5) Whilst the Albion were fighting out a draw in the West Midlands. The Amex was being featured on the international stage . As Japan shocked the rugby world by defeating South Africa . After 14 years of campaigning , two public inquires, various marches and publicity stunts – the reputation of The Brighton and Hove Commuminity Stadium was further cemented as a superb sporting location – Falmer for all.
LIKE WHAT WE DO? HELP US TO DO MORE OF IT BY DONATING HERE.