Fire crews tackle blaze in first floor flat in Brighton

Posted On 27 Dec 2015 at 5:07 pm

Fire crews put out a blaze that started in a first-floor flat in Brighton two days before Christmas.

The fire, in May Road, near Brighton General Hospital, started accidentally.

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said: “Two appliances from Preston Circus were mobilised to May Road at 1.02am on (Wednesday) 23 December.

“Crews used two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet to extinguish the fire which had started on the first floor. One person was led to safety.

Spacewords Brighton

“The cause has been confirmed as accidental.

“A positive pressure fan was used to ventilate the area and crews provided a home safety visit.

“Firefighters left the scene at 1.43am.”

Leave a Reply


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.