1) The Albion are now only two points clear of the chasing pack outside the playoffs. The Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham City fixtures in March and April at this stage look vital- however come the spring , and given Albion’s current form, the MK Dons and Charlton Fixtures could be just as important.
2) The lack of goals is major concern – The Albion haven’t scored since Rajiv Van La Parra belted one in from 30 yards at QPR on 15th December . That’s 29 days ago and over 10 hours have passed on the pitch since. Van La Parra is back at Wolves and Bobby Zamora , Bruno and Andrew Crofts (twice) have all hit the woodwork in this period. As Albion are linked with various strikers in South America
3) Which leads us onto the ongoing saga’s of Argentinian,Jonathan Calleri and Ecuadorian, Miller Ballanos. Albion are known to at least be looking at both. Allegedly having bids of around USD 10m rejected for Callari.
Other names thrown into January shopping list mix include : Leo Ulloa , Glenn Murray,Charlie Austin, Peter Crouch, Ronaldhino and last nights tormentor Matt Derbyshire. Albion need to find goals soon. And by soon we mean next Saturday. Some keyboard warriors have already appear to have identified we are currently in the clubs longest goal drought for 46 years.
4) Although a great servant to the club Lewis Dunk might now need a rest. An up and down season for him . Fulham’s £6m bid in the summer – fined for being unprofessional or some such misdemeanour in September. Reforming a super partnership with Greer/Huenmeier in the autumn. And now at the very least partially culpable for at least three of the last five defeats. With Greer limping off again at Rotherham expect to see a central defensive partnership of Huenmeier/Goldson at Blackburn on Saturday.
5) Albiontogether is running in the revamped Thursday evening dogs at Hove stadium tomorrow. Other Northstandchatdogs include AlbionCalde and AlbionBlue. Let’s hope that the next one isn’t called AlbionNil