1) A full loud, rocking, intensely atmospheric Amex. With Sussex By The Sea boomed out before the game AND when the teams come out. I’m sure that Richie Reynolds can hold a tune.
2) It was no surprise Albion lost at Hillsborough. They have never won there. It’s not quite a “nothing to lose” situation but no one, especially Hull fans apparently, expect Albion to turn it around. The Seagulls have scored 12 goals in their last four Amex matches.
3) Tomer Hemed strolling around St Anne’s Well Park in Hove yesterday. Allegedly suggesting to adoring fans he thinks he can make the bench on Monday night. Norman Cook and Glen Murray were in the park as well. Murray must be long odds to score at Old Trafford on Sunday. Fat Boy even longer!
4) The belief and inspiration of Chris Hughton. A superb man manager and genius tactician. Ably assisted by Colin Calderwood. The players will believe they can win. And those who may now be in contention after periods out in the cold will be ready for the challenge thanks to Hughton’s management philosophy.
5) It’s only half time in reality. And intially Albion only need to draw. They were 2-0 down to Premier League champions Leicester City at half time in October 2008. They came back to win 3-2. And what about Charlton last December? The same scenario. The Owls must be wishing they really had finished the Albion off. The pressure is all on them!