The council is losing the war against tagging in Brighton and Hove, a councillor said this evening (Thursday 6 April).
Green group convenor Phélim Mac Cafferty said that the problem was as bad as he had seen it – and one person in his ward said that the situation was the worst it had been in 40 years.
He was highlighting the issue just as he said the city should be looking at its best.
Councillor Mac Cafferty praised Cityclean for its quick work in removing tagging in his ward – Brunswick and Adelaide – when he submitted his formal question to this evening’s full council meeting of Brighton and Hove City Council.
Eighteen fines have been levied for tagging by the council, Labour deputy leader Gill Mitchell said.
And before Cityclean removes tags, they are photographed for criminal investigation, she said.
Councillor Mitchell added that she hoped that the rules would be changed to allow the council to order the removal of tagging from private property.
LIKE WHAT WE DO? HELP US TO DO MORE OF IT BY DONATING HERE.