Fire crew tackles blaze in Brighton and gives oxygen to woman choking on smoke

Posted On 09 Aug 2017 at 11:10 am

A fire crew put out a blaze in a garage in Brighton yesterday evening (Tuesday 8 August) and gave oxygen to a woman who had been choking on smoke.

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said: “At 7.37pm yesterday two Brighton appliances were sent to Temple Gardens, Brighton, following reports of a garage fire.

“Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel jet to tackle the fire. One woman was treated with oxygen therapy at the scene. Crews spent time cutting away.”

Just over an hour later they dealt with a chimney fire; The fire service said: “At 8.56pm East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service were mobilised to a chimney fire in Ditchling Rise, Brighton, where a chimney kit was used to prevent any fire spread and make the incident safe.”

Council repairs

And later another crew was called to flooded flats. The fire service said: “At 11.20pm Hove firefighters were sent to Bellingham Crescent, Hove, where they isolated electrics following flooding of two flats.”

There were also two false alarms in Hove overnight, including one first thing this morning (Wednesday 9 August).

The fire service said: “At 11.57pm Hove firefighters were sent to Sackville Road, Hove, due to a fire alarm sounding, caused by fumes from cooking.

“At 5.07am this morning Hove firefighters were sent to Old Shoreham Road, Hove, following a false alarm caused by a system fault.”

Leave a Reply

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.