More than 20 places for recycling Christmas trees have opened across Brighton and Hove, the council said.
Trees can also be recycled at the main tips in Wilson Avenue, Brighton, and Old Shoreham Road, Hove
Brighton and Hove City Council said: “Every tree we collect will be turned into soil improver or compost and prevents more waste going to landfill.”
The Christmas tree recycling sites will be open until Friday 12 January.
The council said: “These sites are for real Christmas trees only.
“You can recycle your other green waste by signing up for our garden waste collections, home composting or by taking it to one of our recycling centres for composting.
“Any fake trees or other waste items can also be taken to the recycling centres for recycling or safe disposal.
“We send them to a composting facility to be composted along with all of the other garden waste from the recycling centres.
“This goes through a composting process and is turned into a soil conditioner which is then bagged and sold.
“You can buy this soil conditioner – called Pro Grow – from any of our recycling centres.”
Here is a list of the Christmas tree recycling sites open over the next few weeks in Brighton, Hove and Portslade.
- Bevendean – Upper Bevendean Avenue, opposite the shops, by the recycling point
- Coldean – Coldean Lane, opposite Park Road, near the A270 Lewes Road traffic lights
- Dyke Road Avenue – Hazeldene Meads
- East Brighton Park, Wilson Avenue, in the car park
- Hollingbury Park – north entrance, opposite the golf course entrance, Ditchling Road
- The Level – Union Road, behind the recycling point
- Montpelier Crescent – opposite the shops
- Patcham – Ladies Mile Road, near the bottom of Mackie Avenue, behind the clock tower
- Patcham – Mackie Avenue and Plainfields Avenue playing field, opposite the shops
- Preston Park – north entrance, in Preston Drove, next to the recycling site
- Queen’s Park – Park Hill
- Saltdean – Saltdean Lido, Saltdean Park Road, in the car park, to left hand side of the recycling point
- Upper Bedford Street – by Hampshire Court, on the corner of Upper St James’s Street
- Woodingdean – Central Park, Lockwood Crescent, in the corner, opposite the recycling point
- Woodingdean – Happy Valley car park, Falmer Road, left hand side of the entrance barrier, opposite Crescent Drive South
- Brunswick Square – inside the gardens at the Western Road entrance
- Hangleton Park – on left hand side from the Lark Hill and Park Rise entrance
- Hove Park – at the end of Orchard Road
- St Ann’s Well Gardens – beside Nizells Avenue
- Wish Park Recreation Ground – north east corner, Wish Road, by the playground
- Easthill Park – Millcross Road entrance
- Victoria Recreation Ground – Victoria Road, west side of the car park
LIKE WHAT WE DO? HELP US TO DO MORE OF IT BY DONATING HERE.