Tumble drier catches fire in Woodingdean

Posted On 23 Mar 2018 at 2:53 pm

A tumble drier caught fire in Woodingdean yesterday afternoon, sparking a warning from the fire service on keeping white goods safe.

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service was called to the blaze in Warren Road at 4.51pm yesterday and despatched crews from Roedean and Brighton.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the fire using one hose reel and no-one was injured.

Later that afternoon, at 6,15pm, Brighton firefighters were sent to a camper van fire in Preston Drove, Brighton.

And at 12.39am today, Brighton firefighters were sent to a small kitchen fire at a property in Pavilion Parade, Brighton.

  1. Glacierqueen Reply

    Wonder if the camper van was the one with loads of wood under it and looked abandoned and possibly untaxed etc ? Maybe I don’t need to report it now !!

    • Crispfish Reply

      Surely it’s impossible to know now whether a vehicle is taxed by looking at it?

Leave a Reply

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.