• About
    • Ethics policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Ownership, funding and corrections
    • Complaints procedure
    • Terms & Conditions
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
Brighton and Hove News
24 May, 2026
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Brighton and Hove News
No Result
View All Result
Home Hove

Foodies Festival set to return to Hove Lawns

by Jo Wadsworth
Tuesday 19 Mar, 2019 at 2:08PM
A A
0
Foodies Festival set to return to Hove Lawns


The tenth annual Foodies Festival on Hove Lawns will be raising money for the homeless.

Organisers are once again teaming up with Musicians Against Homelessness (MAH) to raise vital funds to support the increasing number of people who find themselves living on the streets.

The music programme includes one of the country’s top Queen tribute bands, Flash, as well as 50 emerging bands and soloists from the Brighton area.

For every ticket sold, the festival will make a donation to the cause. There will also be merchandise on sale giving a further boost to funds.

MAH was founded by music PR Emma Rule and boasts music guru Alan McGee, who famously signed Oasis. The project provides opportunities for up-coming talent while raising funds for UK homelessness charity Crisis.

Emma said: “Recent reports state that Brighton has the second largest homeless population in England, with figures expected to rise nationally.

“Thanks to the support from Foodies and the artists playing our stages we will continue to raise the profile of the subject and money to support those living on the streets while ensuring that people visiting the festival enjoy a fantastic programme of music.”

Also appearing at the festival, which runs from May 4-6, are Brighton’s MasterChef 2018 champion Kenny Tutt as well as Celebrity MasterChef 2018 winner John Partridge, known for his role as Christian Clarke in EastEnders.

Festival director Sue Hitchen: “Brighton is most certainly our liveliest event. People are up on their feet and dancing by mid-day. It’s a real cross section of all ages from all over the country and the seaside setting is totally stunning.”

Top chefs from the local area include Great British Menu winner Michael Bremner at 64 Degrees and Murmur, Dave Mothersill of The Coal Shed, Will Dennard of Wolfsmouth, Kanthi Thamma at The Spice Circuit and Johnny Stanford of the new No 1 Broad Street restaurant.

All will appear in the Chef’s Theatre which also includes Great British Bake-Off stars. New names are being added to the programme daily.

Former Brighton bank manager Kenny said: “I had a great time travelling up and down the country to get on stage at the brilliant Foodies Festivals last year, so it goes without saying, that I’m excited to be back this May on my home turf of Brighton!

“I’m also opening my first restaurant, Pitch, just around the corner in Worthing in May, so I’ll be giving everyone a taste of what’s to come there.”

Brighton Foodies promises a feast of fun for all the family with more than 200 exhibitors and award-winning artisan producers, a Street Food Village, Vintage Cider Tent, the new Cakes and Desserts Theatre, a Kids Cookery School, Healthy Living Area, Chef’s Theatre and Food and Drink masterclasses.

And Brighton Council is keen to welcome the event back to the city.

Councillor Alan Robins, Chair of the Tourism, Development and Culture Committee, said: “I’m delighted that the Foodies Festival is returning to the city for the 10th year.

“It’s always a popular event taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend and attracts around 25,000 people, including local residents as well as visitors.

“It’s always great to see big name chefs and music acts come to Brighton & Hove and particularly when they are raising money for such an important cause.”

Tickets, including VIP packages, are now on sale.

Support quality, independent, local journalism that matters. Donate here.
ShareTweetShareSendSendShare

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most read

Former Brighton teacher awaits sentence for ‘sexting’ boy of 13

Pub tile developer asks court to make council pay his costs

Palm house turned into butterfly garden

Phone-free restaurant finds permanent home

Foodies Festival set to return to Hove Lawns

New bus route to start next month

Opposition overlooked and left in the dark, says councillor

New mayor takes over in Brighton and Hove

Hospital marks £860m project’s helipad and cancer milestones

Father pays tribute to daughters who drowned off Brighton beach

Newsletter

Arts and Culture

  • All
  • Music
  • Theatre
  • Food and Drink
Oh To Believe in Another World: Shostakovich Symphony No.10

Oh To Believe In Another World

23 May 2026
Robocop vs The Terminator vs Gabriel Featherstone

Robocop vs The Terminator vs Gabriel Featherstone vs direction

23 May 2026
We Are Warriors, Cab Road Tunnel, Brighton Festival

We Are Warriors, Cab Road Tunnel, Brighton Festival

23 May 2026
Whisky Tango Foxtrot, Lantern Theatre, Brighton Fringe, May 22&23rd 2026

Review: Whisky Tango Foxtrot!

23 May 2026
Load More

Sport

  • All
  • Brighton and Hove Albion
  • Cricket
Welbeck double sinks Liverpool at Brighton and Hove Albion

Welbeck deserves a World Cup place, says Brighton and Hove Albion boss

by PA sport staff
23 May 2026
0

Danny Welbeck deserves a place in the England World Cup squad, according to Brighton and Hove Albion head coach Fabian...

Sussex Sharks open T20 Blast with a win

Sussex off to a winning start in the Blast

by Martin Smith - ECB Reporters Network supported by Rothesay
22 May 2026
0

Essex 191-5 (20 overs) Sussex Sharks 192-4 (16 overs) Sussex Sharks win by 6 wickets John Simpson hurried Sussex Sharks...

Bruce on the Boundary – Robinson ready to take the next step

Rain gods smile as Sussex draw with Somerset at Taunton

by Richard Latham - ECB Reporters Network supported by Rothesay
18 May 2026
0

Somerset 526-8 dec (128.4 overs) Sussex 253 (71.1 overs) and 113-7 (57.4 overs) Somerset (15 points) drew with Sussex (10...

Bruce on the Boundary – Robinson ready to take the next step

Sussex hang on as Somerset match heads for a draw

by Richard Latham - ECB Reporters Network supported by Rothesay
17 May 2026
0

Somerset 526-8 dec (128.4 overs) Sussex 236-8 (69.1 overs) Sussex (1 point) trail Somerset (6 points) by 290 runs with...

Load More
March 2019
M T W T F S S
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
« Feb   Apr »

RSS From Sussex News

  • Former assistant head awaits sentence for ‘sexting’ boy of 13 23 May 2026
  • Biggest hospital in Sussex marks two key milestones 22 May 2026
  • Detective arrested on suspicion of drink driving 21 May 2026
  • First train with Great British Railways livery unveiled in Sussex 20 May 2026
  • Man jailed for burglary, theft and fraud 20 May 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
  • About
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy
  • Complaints
  • Ownership, funding and corrections
  • Ethics
  • T&C

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News

No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Opinion
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
  • Sport
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
  • About
  • Contact

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News