Portslade sex offender jailed

Posted On 16 Aug 2010 at 10:26 pm

A Portslade man has been jailed for seven years for having, making and distributing indecent images of children and for sexual assault.

George Roy Balcombe Jestico, 64, of Vale Road, Portslade, was sentenced at Lewes Crown Court on Friday 13 August.

He was charged with four counts of distributing images, five of making and five of possession.

He was also charged with 14 counts of sexual assault.

The Sussex Police Paedophile On-Line Investigation Team (POLIT) executed a warrant at Jestico’s home address on 26 October 2008.

The warrant was issued based on intelligence that he had been distributing indecent images of children over a period of years.

Jestico, who lived alone, was arrested and admitted the offences.

He said that he had been distributing such material over the internet up to four times a week over the past three years.

He also admitted making and having indecent images of children.

Investigations continued and a female victim of sexual assault was identified, who had been abused by Jestico more than 30 years ago.

These offences were investigated by Brighton and Hove’s Child Protection Team (CPT).

Jestico denied the charges, but was found guilty of all 14 counts by a jury.

Detective Constable Helen Curtis, from POLIT, said: “As well as being sentenced to seven years’ imprisonment, Jestico was given a sexual offences prevention order and will be on the Sex Offenders Register for life.

“The POLIT will continue to trace offenders who distribute vile images of child abuse and ensure that justice is done.”

Detective Constable Dave Hunt, from Brighton and Hove’s CPT, added: “Despite the historic nature of the offences, the jury listened to the evidence against Jestico and convicted him on all counts.

“We will always fully investigate allegations of child abuse, no matter how long ago the offences took place.”

Leave a Reply

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.