Elderly Hove woman treated after fire in her 8th floor flat

Posted On 20 Dec 2011 at 8:20 pm

An elderly woman from Hove was led to safety after a fire in her eighth floor flat last night (Monday 19 December).

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service sent four fire engines and an aerial ladder platform to Goldstone House in Clarendon Road, Hove, shortly before midnight.

A number of residents had taken the precaution of evacuating the block of flats.

A fire had broken out in the grill area of the woman’s cooker after she mistakenly put on the wrong switch.

Paramedics gave the woman oxygen once she was safely out of the block.

The fire had burnt itself out by the time that firefighters were inside the flat.

They ventilated the property and used a thermal imaging camera to check for any hot spots.

Leave a Reply

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.