• About
    • Ethics policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Ownership, funding and corrections
    • Complaints procedure
    • Terms & Conditions
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
Brighton and Hove News
21 February, 2026
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Brighton and Hove News
No Result
View All Result
Home 999

Hove murder inquiry detectives arrest three men for helping an offender

by Frank le Duc
Friday 24 May, 2013 at 5:14PM
A A
1

Three men have been arrested by detectives investigating the murder of a man in Hove last weekend.

A 26-year-old and a 30-year-old, both from Hove, and a 30-year-old from Scaynes Hill, were all held on suspicion of assisting an offender.

The men were arrested yesterday (23 May) and are also suspected of having class A drugs with intent to supply.

All three were still in custody this afternoon (Friday 24 May).

Sussex Police said that officers would be returning to the scene of the murder tomorrow evening (Saturday 25 May).

They hope to trace two other men and encourage new witnesses to come forward.

Edmund and Albert Nela
Edmund and Albert Nela

Neighbourhood policing officers will be in Selborne Road, Hove, from 10.30pm showing photographs of Edmund Nela, 30, and his brother Albert, 34.

Detectives believe that Edmund Nela fired the shot that killed 31-year-old Xhem Krasniqi, an Albanian scaffolder from Kent.

Shots were also fired at Mr Krasniqi’s  brother and nephew in Church Road, Hove, by the junction with Selborne Road at about 11.30pm last Saturday (18 May).

Edmund and Albert Nela, who both live locally, have not been seen since the shootings.

Detective Chief Inspector Jeff Riley, of the Surrey and Sussex Major Crime Team, said: “We believe the men all knew each other and we are open-minded as to the motive.

“The initial indication is that there is a personal dispute between some members of two families and that this has escalated dramatically, leading to Xhem’s tragic death.

“On Saturday night, the anniversary of the shooting, we will be in the area seeking to learn more from the community about the two men and to talk to any witnesses who have yet to come forward.

“Neighbourhood policing officers will be there completing their house-to-house inquiries and visiting local cafés known to be used by the Albanian community.

“They will be showing people photographs of Edmund and Albert in an effort to gain information about them and where they may be.

“I would urge people to talk to these officers in an effort to help us further our investigation.”

Xhem Krasniqi
Xhem Krasniqi

Addressing the Albanian community, Superintendent Simon Nelson said: “We respect that the Albanian community is proud and close and look to each other for support in difficult times.

“Our neighbourhood officers are out in the community and there for you to trust and discuss anything you might know so that the offenders face justice.

“I would like to thank the community for their patience and support so far.”

Detective Chief Inspector Riley added: “From the activity we have done so far we suspect that that Edmund and Albert may have left the area.

“However, I want to warn the public not to approach either man, to think of their personal safety and contact police immediately.”

He asked anyone who sees the brothers or who knows their whereabouts to call 999 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

 

Support quality, independent, local journalism that matters. Donate here.
ShareTweetShareSendSendShare

Comments 1

  1. Redon says:
    13 years ago

    Please inform for people who have committed this murder, and if they are caught by the police?

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most read

Council plans to house more homeless families in council flats

School building to become temporary charity hub

Toilet tax plan to hit those in greatest need, say critics

Hove murder inquiry detectives arrest three men for helping an offender

Ex-PM sends claims about former prince to Sussex Police

New mural encourages tourists into the North Laine

Café can become gym after plans approved

Council plans to close day centre for people with learning disabilities

Parents angry over failings that led to school closure plan

Brighton PC barred from policing for dishonesty

Newsletter

Arts and Culture

  • All
  • Music
  • Theatre
  • Food and Drink
Aussie pub-punkers Mini Skirt announce Brighton gig

Aussie pub-punkers Mini Skirt announce Brighton gig

20 February 2026
It’s time to get all Bleary Eyed

It’s time to get all Bleary Eyed

20 February 2026
Brighton Festival at 60

Brighton Festival at 60

19 February 2026
Caroline offer ‘Total Euphoria’ at Chalk

Caroline offer ‘Total Euphoria’ at Chalk

19 February 2026
Load More

Sport

  • All
  • Brighton and Hove Albion
  • Cricket
Brighton and Hove Albion mark Milner’s record with win at Brentford

Brighton and Hove Albion mark Milner’s record with win at Brentford

by George Sessions - PA
21 February 2026
0

Brentford 0 Brighton and Hove Albion 2 Brighton and Hove Albion marked James Milner’s record-breaking 654th Premier League appearance with...

Brighton and Hove Albion to start with four changes at Brentford

Brighton and Hove Albion to start with four changes at Brentford

by Frank le Duc
21 February 2026
0

Brighton and Hove Albion are to start with four changes at Brentford to the side that lost to Liverpool in...

Hürzeler says Brighton and Hove Albion may need to ‘win ugly’

Brighton and Hove Albion boss urges everyone to stay positive

by PA sport staff
21 February 2026
0

Brighton and Hove Albion boss Fabian Hürzeler has urged everyone involved with the club to stay positive despite the side’s...

Manager of Brighton and Hove Albion’s women team dismissed after allegations

Brighton and Hove Albion dumped out of FA Cup by Liverpool

by PA sport staff
14 February 2026
5

Liverpool 3 Brighton and Hove Albion 0 Curtis Jones’s first goal in over a year paved the way for Liverpool...

Load More
May 2013
M T W T F S S
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  
« Apr   Jun »

RSS From Sussex News

  • Driver arrested after man dies in crash late last night 21 February 2026
  • Ex-PM sends memo about former prince to Sussex Police 20 February 2026
  • Teenage BMW driver banned – again 19 February 2026
  • Gross misconduct found after police officer deceived vetting 19 February 2026
  • Fatal crash witnesses sought by police 18 February 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
  • About
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy
  • Complaints
  • Ownership, funding and corrections
  • Ethics
  • T&C

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News

No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Opinion
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
  • Sport
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
  • About
  • Contact

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News