Woman treated in hospital after breathing in smoke during fire in Brighton

Posted On 29 Jan 2014 at 5:28 pm

A woman was taken to hospital for treatment after she breathed in smoke during a fire in Brighton early this morning (Wednesday 29 January).

Fire crews tackled the electrical fire at a property in Belbourne Court, in Bread Street, Brighton, shortly after 3.30am.

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said: “Crews from Preston Circus responded to a fire alarm sounding at a property in Belbourne Court.

“Firefighters confirmed that a consumer electrical unit was on fire and that the first floor of the property was heavily smokelogged.

“Four breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet along with a main jet were used to extinguish the fire.

“A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to disperse smoke from the property.

“One female casualty was conveyed to hospital by ambulance suffering the effects of smoke inhalation.”

Crews from Preston Circus and Roedean tackled another fire this morning, in Bloomsbury Place, Kemp Town, at about 8.30am.

They used the aerial ladder platform to put out the fire in a third-floor flat.

Leave a Reply

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.