Neighbours try to rescue ‘trapped’ OAP from blaze in home

Posted On 09 Sep 2014 at 9:24 pm

Neighbours were prevented from attempting to rescue an elderly man they believed was trapped from a fire inside his Brighton home.

Fortunately, the accidental fire had been put out by the time firefighters arrived at Nesbitt Road on Sunday night shortly after 7.30pm.

Neighbours had tried to rescue the man but were told to leave the property by East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service.

Crews used a specialist fan to clear the property of smoke. After the incident, they carried out a home safety visit and spoke to the elderly man about keeping safe in the home.

The fire service will always recommend that you get out, stay out and call the fire service out as quickly as possible in the event of a fire.

More than half of accidental fires at home are started by cooking.

Many kitchen fires happen when people are not paying attention or they leave things unattended.
Find out how to keep safe while you are cooking and what to do if a fire starts in your kitchen.

Leave a Reply

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.