Fire crews put out a kitchen fire at a terraced house in Hove on Wednesday afternoon (26 August).
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said that it was called out just after 2.15pm to the blaze.
The fire service said: “Two crews from Hove and the aerial ladder from Preston Circus attended an address in Newtown Road.
“There was a kitchen fire at a mid-terrace three-floor house.
“Firefighters used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel and a thermal imaging camera to tackle the fire.
“They then spent time damping down and cutting away burnt areas to check there were no hidden hotspots.”
The cause of the fire was accidental.
The fire service added: “More than half of accidental fires at home are started by cooking.
“Many kitchen fires happen when people are not paying attention or they leave things unattended.”
Safety advice can be found at www.esfrs.org.