A 15-year old girl has been sexually assaulted after being dragged into an alley in Hove.
Sussex Police said: “Detectives are searching for a man who sexually assaulted a 15-year-old girl as she was walking home through Hove in the early hours of the morning (Sunday 27 September).
“At about 4am the girl was walking along the north side of New Church Road, Hove, when she was grabbed from behind by a man who forced her into St Philip’s Mews, an alley between Hogarth Road and Richardson Road, and assaulted her.
“The Bon Accord nursing home is adjacent to the scene.
“She made her way home and police were informed. Specialist scene investigators and uniform officers have been in the area making inquiries.
“The girl is receiving specialist medical and welfare support and detectives are talking to her.
“The man is described as black, in his thirties.”
Detective Chief Inspector Paul Rymarz, of the Surrey and Sussex Major Crime Team, said: “The victim had been walking home from Churchill Square in Brighton, via Western Road, and noticed a man following her as she passed Tesco in Church Road, Hove.
“If you were along that route she took from Brighton city centre any time after 3.30am on Sunday morning and saw the girl or the man or have any other information, please contact us.”
“This is an isolated but serious incident and we would be grateful for information from the public to help our investigation.”
Anyone with information is asked to phone Sussex Police on 101, email email@example.com or call the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
Leave a Reply