A man was treated by paramedics after a fire broke out in the kitchen of a towerblock flat in Brighton yesterday.
Six crews from across Sussex, including the aerial ladder platform and the incident command support unit from Lewes, were called the accidental blaze in a high rise block on Albion Hill shortly after 8am.
By 9.30am, the flames had been put out and the incident was being scaled back.
— East Sussex FRS (@EastSussexFRS) May 15, 2016
A spokeswoman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue said: “Full high rise procedures were implemented. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the fire with two main jets. One man was left in the care of paramedics and oxygen was administered by crews at the scene by the casualty.”
A spokesman for South East Coast Ambulance Service said: “A man aged in his 50s was checked over a the scene but declined further hospital treatment.”