Fire investigators have blamed an electrical fault for the blaze in flats in North Street, Brighton, this morning (Friday 27 January) which led to dozens of people being evacuated shortly after 5am.
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said: “A fire investigation by East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service has found that an electrical fault with a TV caused a fire in Brighton.
“Crews from Preston Circus were called out to the address in North Street at 5.14am this morning.
“There was a fire in a flat on the third floor of a building.
“Firefighters used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet and one main jet.”
The aerial ladder platform was also sent from Preston Circus.
People were allowed back into their homes at about 6.45am.
Earlier the fire service said: “When we arrived the evacuation was well under way and we assisted the 50 or so residents ensuring all were evacuated prior to commencing firefighting operations.
“There was significant smoke damage to the lounge/kitchen.”
LIKE WHAT WE DO? HELP US TO DO MORE OF IT BY DONATING HERE.