A woman has reported being reported being raped in Southwick in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday 1 August).
Sussex Police said: “Detectives are appealing for witnesses after receiving a report that a 28-year old woman had been raped by a man while she was walking home at Southwick Green in the early hours.
“The woman was attacked at the north west corner of Southwick Green shortly after 2am.”
Detective Inspector Sally Arbuckle said: “The attacker is described as an Asian man.
“We are keen to hear from anyone who was in the area of Southwick Green around that time and who saw anything suspicious or who saw such a man leaving the area on foot.
“You can contact us online or by calling 101, quoting Operation Oakley.
“The victim is receiving specialist medical and welfare advice and support while we investigate this isolated incident.
“There have been no recent reports of similar offences in the area and local officers are working as part of the investigation and to help reassure local people about the action we are taking.”
The immediate area remains cordoned off while the scene is searched.
LIKE WHAT WE DO? HELP US TO DO MORE OF IT BY DONATING HERE.