Man arrested in Southwick rape case

Posted On 08 Aug 2018 at 9:57 am

A man has been arrested on suspicion of rape after a woman was attacked in Southwick last week.

Police said that, despite the initial description, the man being held was not of Asian origin or appearance.

Detectives also still want to hear from anyone who may have seen anything.

Sussex Police said: “A 26-year-old local man has been arrested on suspicion of the rape of a 28-year old woman in Southwick on (Wednesday) 1 August.

Run for Great Ormond Street Hospital

“After being interviewed he was released under investigation while inquiries continue.”

Detective Sergeant Kirsty Murray of the West Sussex Safeguarding Investigations Unit said: “We continue to appeal for information from anyone who was in the Southwick Green area shortly before or after 2am on Wednesday 1 August.

“We are grateful to local people who have have already contacted us and anyone who can assist is asked to contact Sussex Police online or by calling 101, quoting Operation Oakley.”

Sussex Police added: “The victim continues to receive specialist advice and support as the investigation continues.”

The attack has not been linked with any others at this stage.

Leave a Reply

*