• About
    • Ethics policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Ownership, funding and corrections
    • Complaints procedure
    • Terms & Conditions
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
Brighton and Hove News
19 August, 2026
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Brighton and Hove News
No Result
View All Result
Home Brighton

Hospices appoint new chief executive

by Frank le Duc
Wednesday 12 Feb, 2025 at 8:08PM
A A
0
Hospices appoint new chief executive

Stuart Palma

A hospice group that was created from a merger last year has appointed a new chief executive, it was announced today (Wednesday 12 February).

Stuart Palma, 37 this month, and a physiotherapist by background, has gone from being a trustee to taking charge at the newly created Southern Hospice Group.

Mr Palma, who grew up in Worthing, takes over from Amanda Fadero, 64, and will be responsible for running the Martlets, St Barnabas House and Chestnut Tree House.

The Southern Hospice Group said: “Stuart brings a wealth of experience from across the health and care sector, including senior roles at NHS England and most recently, NHS Sussex Integrated Care Board.”

At NHS Sussex, he was the chief allied health professions officer and director of all-age continuing care which, the Southern Hospice Group said, provided him with valuable insight into the local healthcare system.

And seven years ago, he became a trustee at St Barnabas, his hometown hospice, which has been run in recent years with the Chestnut Tree House children’s hospice near Arundel.

As a £10 million revamp of the Martlets hospice, in Hove, drew near completion, it merged with St Barnabas to form the new Southern Hospice Group.

Mr Palma said: “It’s a very exciting time to be joining the charity. Having previously been a trustee for St Barnabas Hospices, I have seen first-hand the essential work that the hospices do for adults, children, young people and their families across Sussex and south east Hampshire and I’m thrilled to be part of that.

“My priority as chief executive will be to ensure the delivery of the merger business plan, building on the excellent work that’s taken place so far and bringing together two teams who not only share extensive knowledge and experience but who also share a passion and vision for exceptional palliative and end-of-life care in our communities.”

The hospice group’s chair of trustees, Mike Rymer, said: “We’re delighted to be welcoming Stuart to the hospices’ leadership team.

“His experience leading on NHS transformation and organisational development programmes will be invaluable to us as we enter a crucial period in our newly formed group’s history.

“We’re confident that Stuart has the requisite vision and leadership to help us build an organisation that will continue to offer the best care to those who need us for many years to come.

“I also wish to take the opportunity to extend my sincere thanks to Amanda Fadero, the outgoing CEO.

“Amanda joined us over three years ago and I, along with the board of trustees, am immensely grateful for the experience, wisdom and vision she has provided not only to the hospices but also with our immediate partners and the wider health system.”

Mr Palma is due to join the group in April.

Support quality, independent, local journalism that matters. Donate here.
ShareTweetShareSendSendShare

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most read

Western Road to close for more than a month for rebuilding

Huge response after four get in trouble in sea by Shoreham

Couple and teen daughter die after getting into trouble in the sea

Cognac, coins and comics seized by police investigating troubled property company

Hospices appoint new chief executive

Brighton Wheel could be back by next summer

Free family art space opens in North Laine

Brighton campaigner on trial over Hamas ‘support’ posts

Ward councillors weigh in on row over communal bins

Teenager stabbed in Brighton

Newsletter

Arts and Culture

  • All
  • Music
  • Theatre
  • Food and Drink
Daltons put on another classic night of live music

Daltons put on another classic night of live music

17 August 2026
Queer Bloomsbury, Charleston Farmhouse, 15th August 2026

Queer Bloomsbury flourishes

16 August 2026
‘Rebellion Festival’ – Day Four Report

‘Rebellion Festival’ – Day Four Report

16 August 2026
More Brighton bands play at largest punk festival – ‘Rebellion’ Day Three Report

More Brighton bands play at largest punk festival – ‘Rebellion’ Day Three Report

15 August 2026
Load More

Sport

  • All
  • Brighton and Hove Albion
  • Cricket
Former Brighton and Hove Albion manager dies aged 84

Former Brighton and Hove Albion manager dies aged 84

by Frank le Duc
18 August 2026
0

The former Brighton and Hove Albion manager Mike Bailey has died at the age of 84. Bailey was in charge...

Hinshelwood goal gives Brighton and Hove Albion victory over Bologna

Hinshelwood goal gives Brighton and Hove Albion victory over Bologna

by Frank le Duc
15 August 2026
0

Brighton and Hove Albion 1 Bologna 0 The Seagulls can fly to Norway for their Europa Conference League play-off against...

Gomez and Welbeck score as Brighton and Hove Albion do double over Nottingham Forest

Midfielder signs extended deal with Brighton and Hove Albion

by Frank le Duc
14 August 2026
0

Brighton and Hove Albion have agreed a new five-year contract with versatile midfielder Diego Gomez. The Paraguay international joined Albion...

Another Brighton and Hove Albion winger joins Leicester City on loan

Another Brighton and Hove Albion winger joins Leicester City on loan

by Frank le Duc
13 August 2026
0

Another Brighton and Hove Albion winger has joined Leicester City on loan as 18-year-old Harry Howell links up at the...

Load More
February 2025
M T W T F S S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
2425262728  
« Jan   Mar »

RSS From Sussex News

  • Fears for four people in trouble in the sea near harbour 18 August 2026
  • Smashed! Burger boss jailed for 10 years for drug dealing 18 August 2026
  • Golf teacher rapist given 21-year sentence 17 August 2026
  • Woman suffers potentially life-changing injuries in crash 15 August 2026
  • Sex offender jailed for having more extreme porn 14 August 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
  • About
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy
  • Complaints
  • Ownership, funding and corrections
  • Ethics
  • T&C

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News

No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Opinion
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
  • Sport
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
  • About
  • Contact

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News