Fire damages Brighton flat

Posted On 13 Feb 2013 at 11:07 am

A fire damaged a first floor flat in Brighton last night (Tuesday 12 February).

Firefighters from Hove and Preston Circus in Brighton tackled the blaze in Western Street at about 9pm, East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said.

The aerial ladder platform was also sent to the scene.

The initial 999 emergency call suggested that somebody could still be inside the property.

When the fire crews arrived they found a small fire in the kitchen of the first floor flat.

Firefighters entered using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.

Everyone was accounted for. Crews dispersed the smoke using a positive pressure ventilation fan.

Watch Manager Dave Stratham said: “To avoid a potential fire, it’s important to remember to never leave cooking unattended.

“And always make sure you have working smoke alarms in your property. It could save your life.”

A fire damaged a first floor flat in Brighton last night (Tuesday 12 February).

Firefighters from Hove and Preston Circus in Brighton tackled the blaze in Western Street at about 9pm, East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said.

The aerial ladder platform was also sent to the scene.

The initial 999 emergency call suggested that somebody could still be inside the property.

When the fire crews arrived they found a small fire in the kitchen of the first floor flat.

Firefighters entered using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.

Everyone was accounted for. Crews dispersed the smoke using a positive pressure ventilation fan.

Watch Manager Dave Stratham said: “To avoid a potential fire, it’s important to remember to never leave cooking unattended.

“And always make sure you have working smoke alarms in your property. It could save your life.”

 

Leave a Reply

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.