Fire crews from Brighton tackled a blaze in a third-floor kitchen in the small hours at the weekend.
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said that crews from Preston Circus and Roedean in Brighton dealt with the fire.
The firefighters were called out at just after 4.30am on Saturday (29 November) to reports of a kitchen fire in Meeting House Lane in the town.
The fire service said: “They tackled a fire in a third floor kitchen using breathing apparatus and a hose reel.”
Later the same day, at 5.50pm, crews were called to an address in Ladies Mile Road in Brighton.
The fire service said: “There had been a small fire in a kitchen at a flat which was out on arrival.”
It added: “There are several things you can do to prevent fires in the kitchen.
“Make sure you don’t get distracted when you are cooking.
“Take pans off the heat or turn the heat down if you’re called away from the cooker, eg, by a phone call.
“Take care if you’re wearing loose clothing as it can catch fire easily.
“Don’t cook if you have been drinking alcohol or taken prescription drugs. You may get drowsy or lose concentration.”
LIKE WHAT WE DO? HELP US TO DO MORE OF IT BY DONATING HERE.