Brighton kitchen blaze prompts safety warning from fire chiefs

Posted On 16 Dec 2014 at 9:07 pm

Fire chiefs are urging everyone who likes to cook to stay safe in the kitchen after a fire yesterday evening (Monday 15 December).

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said: “Two crews from Brighton and Hove were mobilised to Rose Hill Terrace, in Brighton, yesterday evening at 7.08pm, following reports of a small fire on the ground floor of a property.

“The fire was out on arrival and no one was injured but a home safety visit was carried out.

“More than half of accidental fires at home are started by cooking.

The Spearhead

“Many kitchen fires happen when people are not paying attention or they leave things unattended.

“Find out how to keep safe while you are cooking and what to do if a fire starts in your kitchen.”


Leave a Reply


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.