• About
    • Ethics policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Ownership, funding and corrections
    • Complaints procedure
    • Terms & Conditions
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
Brighton and Hove News
19 August, 2026
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Brighton and Hove News
No Result
View All Result
Home Brighton

Plans for new 111 contract put on hold

by Frank le Duc
Wednesday 27 Jun, 2018 at 6:22PM
A A
0
Brighton and Hove health chiefs given ‘inadequate’ grading by NHS

Plans to improve the 111 service have been put on hold for patients and the public in Brighton and Hove.

The contract for the non-emergency number had been put out to tender but the process has been halted.

And not only has the Sussex-wide tender been halted, but the same has happened in Kent and – it is believed – elsewhere.

The Brighton and Hove Clinical Commissioning Group is one of a consortium of CCGs involved in trying to put in place the next contract.

It was advertised as a five-year contract, with the possibility of a further two years subject to performance.

The successful bidder could expect to earn more than £10 million a year or £72 million over seven years.

Currently the South East Coast Ambulance Service (Secamb), working with Care UK, provides the service across Sussex and Kent, with the contract due to end at the end of next March.

David Supple, the clinical chair of the Brighton and Hove CCG, said: “It’s about how ambitious it was – and still is – it wasn’t just about the size.

”It’s a large and complicated tender but it hasn’t worked so far.”

Dr Supple said that the tender process would be run again, adding: “The hope is that there would be one telephone number for every provider out of hours. The dream is for seamless care.”

He added that it was more important to get it right than rush the process.

An email said: “The current procurement for the new NHS 111/Clinical Assessment Service for Sussex has been stopped.

“The organisations who submitted bids to run the new service have been notified of this outcome through the approved procurement channels.

“This wasn’t an easy decision to make but our CCG (clinical commissioning group) accountable officers and clinical chairs, including Amanda Philpott,  Dr David Warden and Dr Martin Writer, agreed it was the right decision.

“We may look to revisit the specification on the basis of the increased maturity of the National Integrated Urgent Care model.

“You may have heard that Kent have also stopped their current procurement process.

“The Sussex NHS 111 Transformation Team has been liaising with NHS England who is in full support of stopping this procurement.

“Over the next few weeks the Sussex NHS 111 Transformation Team is pulling together an options paper that will be presented to the (CCG) governing bodies in the next few months.

“This decision may have an impact on our local procurements around urgent treatment centres and this is being looked into right now by our commissioning managers.”

Support quality, independent, local journalism that matters. Donate here.
ShareTweetShareSendSendShare

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most read

Western Road to close for more than a month for rebuilding

Couple and teen daughter die after getting into trouble in the sea

Huge response after four get in trouble in sea by Shoreham

Man left injured after being attacked by café in park

Cognac, coins and comics seized by police investigating troubled property company

Plans for new 111 contract put on hold

Girl fights for her life after three family members die in sea incident

Brighton Wheel could be back by next summer

Former Brighton and Hove Albion manager dies aged 84

Free family art space opens in North Laine

Newsletter

Arts and Culture

  • All
  • Music
  • Theatre
  • Food and Drink
Daltons put on another classic night of live music

Daltons put on another classic night of live music

17 August 2026
Queer Bloomsbury, Charleston Farmhouse, 15th August 2026

Queer Bloomsbury flourishes

16 August 2026
‘Rebellion Festival’ – Day Four Report

‘Rebellion Festival’ – Day Four Report

16 August 2026
More Brighton bands play at largest punk festival – ‘Rebellion’ Day Three Report

More Brighton bands play at largest punk festival – ‘Rebellion’ Day Three Report

15 August 2026
Load More

Sport

  • All
  • Brighton and Hove Albion
  • Cricket
Former Brighton and Hove Albion manager dies aged 84

Former Brighton and Hove Albion manager dies aged 84

by Frank le Duc
18 August 2026
0

The former Brighton and Hove Albion manager Mike Bailey has died at the age of 84. Bailey was in charge...

Hinshelwood goal gives Brighton and Hove Albion victory over Bologna

Hinshelwood goal gives Brighton and Hove Albion victory over Bologna

by Frank le Duc
15 August 2026
0

Brighton and Hove Albion 1 Bologna 0 The Seagulls can fly to Norway for their Europa Conference League play-off against...

Gomez and Welbeck score as Brighton and Hove Albion do double over Nottingham Forest

Midfielder signs extended deal with Brighton and Hove Albion

by Frank le Duc
14 August 2026
0

Brighton and Hove Albion have agreed a new five-year contract with versatile midfielder Diego Gomez. The Paraguay international joined Albion...

Another Brighton and Hove Albion winger joins Leicester City on loan

Another Brighton and Hove Albion winger joins Leicester City on loan

by Frank le Duc
13 August 2026
0

Another Brighton and Hove Albion winger has joined Leicester City on loan as 18-year-old Harry Howell links up at the...

Load More
June 2018
M T W T F S S
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930  
« May   Jul »

RSS From Sussex News

  • Fears for four people in trouble in the sea near harbour 18 August 2026
  • Smashed! Burger boss jailed for 10 years for drug dealing 18 August 2026
  • Golf teacher rapist given 21-year sentence 17 August 2026
  • Woman suffers potentially life-changing injuries in crash 15 August 2026
  • Sex offender jailed for having more extreme porn 14 August 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
  • About
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy
  • Complaints
  • Ownership, funding and corrections
  • Ethics
  • T&C

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News

No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Opinion
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
  • Sport
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
  • About
  • Contact

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News