Police are offering a £2,000 as they try to find the man suspected of carrying a vicious attack in Brighton exactly a year ago.
The victim was stabbed in the neck and lost a huge amount of blood. He survived as a result of first aid given at the scene and emergency surgery at the Royal Sussex County Hospital.
Sussex Police said: “Police have issued a £2,000 reward offer in a bid to find a man they want to interview about a vicious attack on another man in a Brighton.
“Hussein Bashir Ali, 25, who comes from the Hornsey area of North London, has not been seen since he was spotted outside a Hornsey address the day after the attack in August last year.
“Detectives hope that people in that area of London, where he has lived for many years, may be able to help provide information that will lead to him being traced.
“It is now a year since the unprovoked attack in which the victim was stabbed in the neck outside the NatWest Bank in Castle Square, Brighton, shortly before 5am on Sunday 10 August 2014.
“A 22-year-old Hungarian man who lives in Brighton lost so much blood that it was only the first aid administered at the scene that saved his life.
“Ali, whose photograph police issued in January, is described as black, 6ft, of slim build, with short cropped hair and a beard growing along his jawline and his neck.”
Detective Inspector Mick Jones said: “We are offering a reward of £2,000 for information that leads to Ali’s arrest and conviction.
“We have also been making inquiries in Birmingham and France, where Ali has links.
“The victim has made an incredible recovery and, although still has scars, he is able to lead a normal life and is back working.”
LIKE WHAT WE DO? HELP US TO DO MORE OF IT BY DONATING HERE.