• About
    • Ethics policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Ownership, funding and corrections
    • Complaints procedure
    • Terms & Conditions
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
Brighton and Hove News
22 August, 2026
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Brighton and Hove News
No Result
View All Result
Home Brighton

Two Brighton and Hove doctors’ surgeries to close next month

by Frank le Duc
Monday 6 Jun, 2016 at 8:01PM
A A
1
Hove doctors’ surgery graded inadequate by official health watchdog

The Practice Hangleton Manor - Google Streetview

Two doctors’ surgeries are to close next month – one in Brighton and the other in Hove.

The Practice Hangleton Manor, in Northease Drive, Hove, will close at the end of Friday 15 July.

The Practice North Street, which is based in Boots, at the Clock Tower, will close a fortnight later (Friday 29 July).

The closures are sooner than previously indicated – as is the impending closure of The Practice Willow House on Friday 16 September.

The Practice Group is pulling out of two other GP (general practice) surgeries in Brighton and Hove also run by The Practice Group – The Practice Whitehawk Road and the Brighton Homeless Healthcare Surgery, in Morley Street, Brighton.

The Practice Hangleton Manor - Google Streetview
The Practice Hangleton Manor – Google Streetview

A contract to run the homeless practice is to be handed to a new provider, with the tender advertised last month.

NHS England said: “Over recent weeks, The Practice Group has informed us that they have been experiencing some difficulty in retaining staff across all five surgery sites for the duration of their contract.

“The transfer of patient care will therefore be taking place in a phased way across each of the five surgery sites, in order to make sure this is done in a safe and managed way and to make sure The Practice Group can retain sufficient doctors, nurses and support staff until their responsibility for providing patient care comes to an end at each of the surgeries.”

The company gave notice on its contract to run five GP surgeries in Brighton and Hove before Christmas after NHS England said that it would cut the money for the contract.

The company was due to end its contract in June. It agreed to delay the closure of the five GP (general practice) surgeries at NHS England’s request before reporting its staffing problems.

NHS England has written to patients to tell them the closure dates and what happens next.

Patients at The Practice Hangleton Manor will be re-registered from Monday 18 July with the Benfield Valley Hub unless they choose otherwise.

The Benfield Valley Hub runs Burwash Surgery, in Burwash Road, Hove and the County Clinic, in Old Shoreham Road, Portslade.

The Willow surgery in Bevendean
The Willow surgery in Bevendean

But patients at The Practice North Street will have to find a new GP (general practitioner) by Friday 29 July. Options include Albion Street Surgery, Ship Street Surgery, the Seven Dials Surgery and the Brighton Health and Wellbeing Practice.

Patients at The Practice Willow House will be transferred to the Allied Medical Practice list unless they choose to register elsewhere. The Allied Medical Practice runs the Church Surgery, in Lewes Road.

The homeless practice is due to be handed over to a new provider at the start of next February.

NHS England said: “In response to the decision by The Practice Group to give notice on their contract to provide services at five Brighton and Hove GP surgeries, our priority has been to ensure all affected patients have ongoing access to local care.

“We have now secured alternative care arrangements for patients from The Practice Whitehawk Road, The Practice North Street, The Practice Willow House and The Practice Hangleton Manor following further discussions with other GP practices, patients and local community representatives.

“We are writing to all affected patients to explain next steps and to support them in moving to a new practice.”

Support quality, independent, local journalism that matters. Donate here.
ShareTweetShareSendSendShare

Comments 1

  1. Pingback: Labour pains | Rebel Yarns

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most read

Council asks private operators to bid to run seafront paddling pool

Former Sussex Police officer faced sack for ‘catalogue of lies’

Man left injured after being attacked by café in park

Flash flooding hits Brighton as drought ends

Jury convicts man of raping 14-year-old girl

Labour picks candidate for Queen’s Park by-election

Drug line controller jailed for seven years

Two Brighton and Hove doctors’ surgeries to close next month

Brighton given £1.3m to get rough sleepers off streets this winter

Two Brighton and Hove homeless charities given government funding boost

Newsletter

Arts and Culture

  • All
  • Music
  • Theatre
  • Food and Drink
US synthwave outfit The Black Queen to open 10th anniversary tour in Brighton

US synthwave outfit The Black Queen to open 10th anniversary tour in Brighton

20 August 2026
Daltons put on another classic night of live music

Daltons put on another classic night of live music

17 August 2026
Queer Bloomsbury, Charleston Farmhouse, 15th August 2026

Queer Bloomsbury flourishes

16 August 2026
‘Rebellion Festival’ – Day Four Report

‘Rebellion Festival’ – Day Four Report

16 August 2026
Load More

Sport

  • All
  • Brighton and Hove Albion
  • Cricket
Bruce on the Boundary – Robinson ready to take the next step

High drama as Sussex and Warwickshire end day two finely poised

by Brian Halford - ECB Reporters Network supported by Rothesay
21 August 2026
0

Sussex 156 (47.4 overs) and 84-3 (23 overs) Warwickshire 161 (47.3 overs) Sussex (3 points) lead Warwickshire (3 points) by...

Brighton and Hove Albion held by Tromso in Conference League

Brighton and Hove Albion held by Tromso in Conference League

by PA sport staff
20 August 2026
0

Tromso 0 Brighton and Hove Albion 0 Brighton and Hove Albion had to settle for a goalless draw from the...

Bruce on the Boundary – Robinson ready to take the next step

Rain proves leveller as Sussex face Warwickshire at Edgbaston – Day one report

by Brian Halford - ECB Reporters Network supported by Rothesay
20 August 2026
0

Sussex 99-3 (30.3 overs) Warwickshire yet to bat Title-chasers Warwickshire and Sussex fought out a fascinating sliver of play on...

Former Brighton and Hove Albion manager dies aged 84

Former Brighton and Hove Albion manager dies aged 84

by Frank le Duc
18 August 2026
0

The former Brighton and Hove Albion manager Mike Bailey has died at the age of 84. Bailey was in charge...

Load More
June 2016
M T W T F S S
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930  
« May   Jul »

RSS From Sussex News

  • Fourth member of family pulled from water in Shoreham dies 21 August 2026
  • Jury clears police officer of causing serious injury when driving 20 August 2026
  • Online child abuser given 13-year sentence 19 August 2026
  • Fears for four people in trouble in the sea near harbour 18 August 2026
  • Smashed! Burger boss jailed for 10 years for drug dealing 18 August 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
  • About
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy
  • Complaints
  • Ownership, funding and corrections
  • Ethics
  • T&C

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News

No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Opinion
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
  • Sport
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
  • About
  • Contact

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News