• About
    • Ethics policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Ownership, funding and corrections
    • Complaints procedure
    • Terms & Conditions
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
Brighton and Hove News
22 August, 2026
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Brighton and Hove News
No Result
View All Result
Home 999

Road closed after man stabbed in Brighton

by Jo Wadsworth
Monday 13 Jun, 2016 at 11:31AM
A A
6
Road closed after man stabbed in Brighton

A Brighton road was closed and a man is being questioned by police after another man was found stabbed outside Waitrose this morning.

13453992_10154920422504554_1709356288_n
Emergency services were called to Western Road, Brighton, at 10.34am this morning. The man had suffered a single stab wound and was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton, in a serious condition.

A 28-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of committing grievous bodily harm and is in custody.

It is believed the victim had been stabbed in Montpelier Road and was found in nearby Western Road. An investigation is on going. Montpelier Road was closed but has now re-opened.

Any witnesses or anyone with information should contact police by emailing 101@sussex.pnn.police.uk quoting serial 421 of 13/06.

Support quality, independent, local journalism that matters. Donate here.
ShareTweetShareSendSendShare

Comments 6

  1. chris mccarthy says:
    10 years ago

    This is getting out of hand in Brighton now and the police do there job but its not working is it lads we have teenagers stabbing each other and kids missing more often then ever before sort it out

    Reply
  2. Sarah says:
    10 years ago

    More and more nasty things happening in Brighton over the past few years.
    We’re all pointing at each other, but NOBODY is pointing at the homeless people being the source of the problem. If you even point in that direction, you’re labeled inhumane before you know it.
    But, we’ve seen more and more of them appear; First in the city centre, now also slowly outside of it; some national, some international.

    They’re coming in droves, and are making Brighton slowly go to hell.
    I’m a hardworking woman, and I’m expecting (with the rent/house prices being so incredibly high) to be able to walk around the main part of the city, without being constantly harassed by beggars and homeless people.

    And I have to be honest to myself: Maybe Brighton is now as it was anymore, and I’ll have to move on (most likely out of the UK).

    Reply
    • John says:
      10 years ago

      Homeless people need help, not your hatred. Homelessness is a problem in Brighton and all major cities in the UK but these people have mental health issues. Blame the Govt for poor funding that’s help cut the police force and outreach centres. I’m sorry love but you do come across as very callous and an uncaring person. Maybe you should move somewhere more in tune with your views.

      Reply
  3. RJN says:
    10 years ago

    Blame the government cuts

    Reply
  4. Debs powers says:
    10 years ago

    This day and age is getting out of hand but the worse thing is there age is is over 21 and not growing up we are a family of a murdered victimn in canada edmonton alberta canada and we all from beautiful brighton uk and i am glad to see him in custody be glad you have Uk law in canada way to easy and if you got money you can pay yourself out of anything our murderer was a grandson of a poli e officer and he walked with nothing and never had any remorse but one day we all have to be accountable but we say that the world everywhere getting worse but aleast back home in the uk they have him in.custody and there going makesure he is being accountable right away feel bad for the family of the victimn xox

    Reply
  5. Eion says:
    10 years ago

    They all drink in big packs in the street and wind each other up. New road is the worst.. Get rid of the big bench and reorganise that area. The poor police have it the same every day. Could we get a regular patrol walking round. There never feels like any presence is there!?

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most read

Council asks private operators to bid to run seafront paddling pool

Former Sussex Police officer faced sack for ‘catalogue of lies’

Man left injured after being attacked by café in park

Flash flooding hits Brighton as drought ends

Labour picks candidate for Queen’s Park by-election

Drug line controller jailed for seven years

Jury convicts man of raping 14-year-old girl

Road closed after man stabbed in Brighton

Brighton given £1.3m to get rough sleepers off streets this winter

Two Brighton and Hove homeless charities given government funding boost

Newsletter

Arts and Culture

  • All
  • Music
  • Theatre
  • Food and Drink
US synthwave outfit The Black Queen to open 10th anniversary tour in Brighton

US synthwave outfit The Black Queen to open 10th anniversary tour in Brighton

20 August 2026
Daltons put on another classic night of live music

Daltons put on another classic night of live music

17 August 2026
Queer Bloomsbury, Charleston Farmhouse, 15th August 2026

Queer Bloomsbury flourishes

16 August 2026
‘Rebellion Festival’ – Day Four Report

‘Rebellion Festival’ – Day Four Report

16 August 2026
Load More

Sport

  • All
  • Brighton and Hove Albion
  • Cricket
Bruce on the Boundary – Robinson ready to take the next step

High drama as Sussex and Warwickshire end day two finely poised

by Brian Halford - ECB Reporters Network supported by Rothesay
21 August 2026
0

Sussex 156 (47.4 overs) and 84-3 (23 overs) Warwickshire 161 (47.3 overs) Sussex (3 points) lead Warwickshire (3 points) by...

Brighton and Hove Albion held by Tromso in Conference League

Brighton and Hove Albion held by Tromso in Conference League

by PA sport staff
20 August 2026
0

Tromso 0 Brighton and Hove Albion 0 Brighton and Hove Albion had to settle for a goalless draw from the...

Bruce on the Boundary – Robinson ready to take the next step

Rain proves leveller as Sussex face Warwickshire at Edgbaston – Day one report

by Brian Halford - ECB Reporters Network supported by Rothesay
20 August 2026
0

Sussex 99-3 (30.3 overs) Warwickshire yet to bat Title-chasers Warwickshire and Sussex fought out a fascinating sliver of play on...

Former Brighton and Hove Albion manager dies aged 84

Former Brighton and Hove Albion manager dies aged 84

by Frank le Duc
18 August 2026
0

The former Brighton and Hove Albion manager Mike Bailey has died at the age of 84. Bailey was in charge...

Load More
June 2016
M T W T F S S
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930  
« May   Jul »

RSS From Sussex News

  • Fourth member of family pulled from water in Shoreham dies 21 August 2026
  • Jury clears police officer of causing serious injury when driving 20 August 2026
  • Online child abuser given 13-year sentence 19 August 2026
  • Fears for four people in trouble in the sea near harbour 18 August 2026
  • Smashed! Burger boss jailed for 10 years for drug dealing 18 August 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
  • About
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy
  • Complaints
  • Ownership, funding and corrections
  • Ethics
  • T&C

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News

No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Opinion
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
  • Sport
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
  • About
  • Contact

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News