1) The Seagulls don’t have to face Scott Hogan when they play Brentford on Sunday. The striker who scored twice at the Amex for the Bees last August has joined lowly Aston Villa.
2) Leeds have to travel to Huddersfield on Sunday and play prior to Albion’s kick-off time. The Yorkshire derby starts at noon. And nowt else, not even Emmerdale, will be talked about from 11.30 while 3pm. (That is genuine Yorkshire dialect.)
3) The Albion still have to play Wigan, Blackburn, Burton and Bristol City at home. Twelve big points.
4) Home matches against Reading and Newcastle at the end of this month are the most eagerly anticipated of the entire Amex era.
5) In 2002 and 2011 Albion were top of League One in February. In 2002 they also had a Thursday night blip, funnily enough against Brentford on ITV Digital! You know the rest. There is an ITV digital receiver at the Science Museum. Next to a ZX81. Now, in 1980, Albion were in the Premier League … It’s all going to be fine.
LIKE WHAT WE DO? HELP US TO DO MORE OF IT BY DONATING HERE.