Police investigating Hove death eliminate man from inquiries

Posted On 07 Aug 2019 at 2:21 pm

Detectives investigating a death at a flat in Hove have eliminated a man from their inquiries after his picture was published, prompting him to contact police.

Sussex Police said this afternoon (Wednesday 7 August): “Police investigating the unexplained death of a man in Hove have eliminated a man from their inquiries after he came forward.

“A photo was issued of a man officers wanted to speak to who they believed may have held vital information about the incident.

“Emergency services were called to block of flats in Cambridge Road, Hove, at 3.45am on Sunday (4 August) where a 39-year-old man from Haywards Heath had been found with injuries in the communal hallway.

“He was treated by paramedics but sadly died at the scene.

“His death is being treated as unexplained though not suspicious at this time.”

Detective Inspector Cath O’Connor said: “The man we were looking to trace presented himself at the police station and, after speaking to him, we have eliminated him from our inquiries.

“Our investigation into the death is continuing and anyone with information which could help should contact us.”

Leave a Reply

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.