Firefighters rescued someone from a burning building in Hove at lunchtime today (Saturday 7 December).
Just after 1pm East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service tweeted: “We’ve rescued one person from a fire at a hotel in Hove.
“Please avoid the Salisbury Road area while we work.”
The fire took hold on the first floor of the Chatsworth guest house, in Salisbury Road.
Six fire engines were sent to the scene and quickly had the blaze under control.
At shortly after 1.30pm, the fire service said: “One person has been rescued after East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service attended a fire at a hotel in Hove.
“Six fire engines were sent to the Chatsworth on Salisbury Road at 12.22pm today.
“There was a fire on the first floor which was stopped from spreading by the crews using breathing apparatus and hose reel.
“As of 1.30pm the incident was being scaled back.
“Firefighters are cutting back and damping down to ensure the fire is properly put out.
“The person was left in the care of the South East Coast Ambulance Service.
“Sussex Police are also in attendance and the road is currently closed.”