Brighton and Hove Albion defender Gaetan Bong has agreed a new one-year contract with the club.
Albion said: “The Cameroonian was one of four players to be offered a new deal earlier this month, and has now committed his future to Albion for another year once his current contract expires on (Friday) 30 June.
“The 29-year-old made a total of 24 appearances in 2016-17 and made a successful return to action in April after three months out with a knee injury.”
Albion manager Chris Hughton told the seagulls.co.uk website: “We are delighted that Gaetan has agreed his new deal as he has been a key member of the squad in his two years at the club.
“He played a big part in our success and I am looking forward to working with Gaetan again next season as we look to establish ourselves in the Premier League.”
Bong began his career in France with Metz. He had a brief loan spell with Tours before joining Valenciennes.
He then played in Greece for Olympiakos and, after a brief spell with Wigan Athletic, came to Albion in July 2015.
The defender represented Cameroon at the 2010 World Cup Finals in South Africa, having played for France at under-21 level.