Woman suffers effects of smoke in Hove kitchen fire

Posted On 11 Dec 2013 at 6:47 pm

A woman suffered from the effects of breathing in smoke in a fire in a kitchen in Hove.

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said: “Firefighters from Hove have tackled a kitchen fire which left a woman needing treatment for smoke inhalation.”

A 999 call came in last night (Tuesday 10 December) just after 9.15pm reporting that a smoke alarm was going off at an address in Portland Road.

Smoke was also seen coming from a kitchen.

The fire service said: “Crews used two breathing apparatus and a hose reel to put the fire out.

“An ambulance was requested for the woman.

“The fire is thought to be accidental.”

  1. Vodkaman Reply

    Not me!

  2. Vodkaman Reply

    Not me!

Leave a Reply

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.