1) The decision to start Zamora – Bobby is now getting the nod over Tomer Hemed and the 35-year-old certainly puts in a shift. He intailly won the ball which started the move for his goal. Heading out of his own penalty area then sprinting the length of the pitch, curving his run, evading his marker and popping a great volley into the net. He was shattered by the 57th minute mind.
2) Anthony Knockaert’s skill and trickery – home debutant Knockaert got the vital assist for both Albion goals. But a few thought his style of play left Bruno Saltor a little exposed at times.
3) Brightonian Joel Lynch avoiding a booking despite wrestling matches with Hemed and Zamora. The Huddersfield central defender, who played for his hometown club from 2005 to 2008, went up front for the final 10 minutes. He has certainly filled out as well. What you might call a big old unit.
4) Steve Sidwell sitting in the West Stand and fuelling speculation that he is about to rejoin the Seagulls. He is of course probably big mates with Zamora after their time at Albion and Fulham together.
5) Ex-Hove MP Ivor Caplin seemingly delighted with the result and enjoying the BUPA Lounge. He told Brighton and Hove News that he thought the Albion were well worthy of the three points and how much he loves seeing Zamora score.
LIKE WHAT WE DO? HELP US TO DO MORE OF IT BY DONATING HERE.