1) The double save David Stockdale made. Firstly from Fernando Forestieri’s initial spot kick then the instinctive reaction stop from the Italians second shot on the rebound, that tipped around the post. Few Albion keepers have saved penalties Michel Kuipers and Peter Brezovan are the only ones who spring to mind. Make no mistake this was the turning point of the match, if not the season.
2) The way the inventive, resilient and determined Albion continued to attack the Owls when down to ten men. And the breathtaking moment that Anthony Kncokeart stabbed home the winner.
3) That for most of the match number nine Adam Reach was Wednesday’s lowest numbered outfield player.
4) How Stuart ‘ghost goal’ Atwell (yep we remember) could interpret that Glen Murray’s attempt to preserve his straight nose could be a deliberate handball! Penalty fair enough. No problem. We’ve got Stocko. Let’s hope the Football League appeals panel, bring their best spectacles along for Monday afternoon’s appeal.
5) The energy, passion and general attendance of Albion fans as The Great Escape theme was blasted out at the final whistle.
6) Barnsley’s win over Leeds on Saturday evening. If Albion can now win against Cardiff at home on Tuesday night. We might have to call for 80’s rockers Starship.
From this day forward, we can build this dream #together.
LIKE WHAT WE DO? HELP US TO DO MORE OF IT BY DONATING HERE.