• About
    • Ethics policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Ownership, funding and corrections
    • Complaints procedure
    • Terms & Conditions
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
Brighton and Hove News
20 February, 2026
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Brighton and Hove News
No Result
View All Result
Home 999

Schoolboy walks off after being thrown across car bonnet

by Jo Wadsworth
Tuesday 5 Feb, 2019 at 11:52AM
A A
1
Schoolboy walks off after being thrown across car bonnet


A boy who was thrown across the bonnet of a car then walked away is being urged to get checked out by doctors.

The boy, thought to be aged between 10 and 13, was hit by the Volvo as he crossed Preston Drove at 3.30pm yesterday, activating the car’s external windscreen airbags.

He was apparently uninjured, but police are now urgently trying to trace him as he may have suffered injuries which he wasn’t aware of at first.

Inspector Steve Hill said: “This could have been a lot worse had it not been for the safety features of the car. However, it is important that the child is medically checked due to the force of impact.

“He may have been in shock at the time and suffered from injuries that were not immediately obvious.

“I would urge anyone who recognises the child in the image or the van driver who helped to contact police online or call 101 quoting serial 784 of 04/02.”

The boy is described as wearing a blue coat and carrying a black bag. A white Mercedes Sprinter van stopped at the scene to help and it is believed that the driver offered the boy a lift home.

However, enquiries so far have not traced the boy or the van driver and police want to make sure that he is okay. The driver of the car remained at the scene for police.

Support quality, independent, local journalism that matters. Donate here.
ShareTweetShareSendSendShare

Comments 1

  1. Judy Peters says:
    7 years ago

    This is the second time a kid this age has walked away from an accident like this, another one happened last summer next to Hollingbury Park a year 6 Balfour kid walked away from it.
    There are safe crossings within a minutes walk from both spots – perhaps the police need to go into schools and talk to them about the realities of being hit by a car? These kids were incredibly lucky to walk away from these accidents.

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most read

Council plans to house more homeless families in council flats

Café can become gym after plans approved

School building to become temporary charity hub

Four surgeries set to move into new medical centre

New mural encourages tourists into the North Laine

Schoolboy walks off after being thrown across car bonnet

Man arrested for perverting justice in Cityclean investigation

Trial set for Brighton man charged with trying to rape child

Hove man given ‘slavery and trafficking risk order’

Drinks licence granted for site just south of St Peter’s Church

Newsletter

Arts and Culture

  • All
  • Music
  • Theatre
  • Food and Drink
It’s time to get all Bleary Eyed

It’s time to get all Bleary Eyed

20 February 2026
Brighton Festival at 60

Brighton Festival at 60

19 February 2026
Caroline offer ‘Total Euphoria’ at Chalk

Caroline offer ‘Total Euphoria’ at Chalk

19 February 2026
Full programme announced for the 60th edition of Brighton Festival

Full programme announced for the 60th edition of Brighton Festival

19 February 2026
Load More

Sport

  • All
  • Brighton and Hove Albion
  • Cricket
Manager of Brighton and Hove Albion’s women team dismissed after allegations

Brighton and Hove Albion dumped out of FA Cup by Liverpool

by PA sport staff
14 February 2026
5

Liverpool 3 Brighton and Hove Albion 0 Curtis Jones’s first goal in over a year paved the way for Liverpool...

Brighton and Hove Albion boss trusts in teens in FA Cup tie at Anfield

Brighton and Hove Albion boss trusts in teens in FA Cup tie at Anfield

by Frank le Duc
14 February 2026
0

Brighton and Hove Albion boss Fabian Hürzeler has handed another start to two teenagers as the Seagulls face Liverpool at...

Residents upset by removal of match day guest parking permits

Manchester City fan banned over assault after Brighton and Hove Albion match

by Frank le Duc
14 February 2026
0

A Manchester City fan has been banned from going to matches for three years for attacking a cyclist after a...

Own goal agony for Brighton and Hove Albion at Aston Villa

Own goal agony for Brighton and Hove Albion at Aston Villa

by PA sport staff
11 February 2026
0

Aston Villa 1 Brighton and Hove Albion 0 Jack Hinshelwood scored a late own goal which handed Aston Villa a...

Load More
February 2019
M T W T F S S
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728  
« Jan   Mar »

RSS From Sussex News

  • Teenage BMW driver banned – again 19 February 2026
  • Gross misconduct found after police officer deceived vetting 19 February 2026
  • Fatal crash witnesses sought by police 18 February 2026
  • Killer awaits sentence in prison 17 February 2026
  • Elections in May could have knock on effect on vulnerable residents, says council 17 February 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
  • About
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy
  • Complaints
  • Ownership, funding and corrections
  • Ethics
  • T&C

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News

No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Opinion
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
  • Sport
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
  • About
  • Contact

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News