Adrian Morris, the party’s executive member for business, the local economy and jobs, has tabled a public question for Brighton and Hove City Council’s Economic Development and Culture Committee meeting.
He is due to ask: “For over 70 years the Sewell family have been serving tea and cakes in Brighton’s Pavilion Gardens from their unique café to both the local community and visitors alike.
“With the aid of Lottery Funding, there’s also a proposed redesign of the gardens that could threaten the café’s existence.
“Can the council confirm that plans, designs and proposals for the Pavilion Gardens and its café will be available to the public prior to the first round application to the Big Lottery and the Heritage Lottery Fund?”
Brighton Festival chief executive Andrew Comben, who is involved in the plans to revive the Royal Pavilion estate, said yesterday (Wednesday 13 November) that the Sewells’ business would be safe.
And council leader Jason Kitcat has previously given the same assurance although he said that the café may be moved to a different location in the grounds of the Dome and Pavilion.
The meeting is due to be held at Hove Town Hall at 4pm. It is open to the public.
LIKE WHAT WE DO? HELP US TO DO MORE OF IT BY DONATING HERE.