Two councillors have thanked donors for giving money towards community groups and helping to fund Christmas meals and parties old people in sheltered housing in Hangleton.
Councillors Dawn Barnett and Tony Janio have written a thank you letter to those who gave money.
They said: “Thanks to your generosity we raised £2,550 – the most we have ever managed.”
And they gave a breakdown of where the money went
- £300 for a Christmas party at Churchill House
- £608.75 for a Christmas dinner for 28 members of the Get Together Club
- £310 for a Christmas party at Aldrington Place
- £160 for a musical entertainer for the parties
- £190 for the singing group at St Richard’s Church
- £190 for the Crafty Adults group that hire Churchill House lounge
- £211.25 for the elderly volunteers at the Knoll Lunch Club and Forget Me Nots
- £190 for the pilates group at St Richard’s Church
- £200 for the short-mat bowls group at the community centre
- £190 for the tai-chi group at St Richard’s Church