1) How long have the North Stand waited to chant ‘Connor GOLDson’ to the tune of Spandau Ballet’s Gold? After the young defender filled in at right back, after Bruno went off injured.
2) Why did it take Goldson so long to get on the pitch after Bruno signalled his discomfort to the bench? He sat crouched down for at least 3 minutes looking like he was putting his boots on! Even the 4th official appeared to enquire what the hold up was. If Chris Hughton told me to get on the pitch for the Albion I’d be ready yesterday. Or the day before.
3) On that note why did Anthony Knockeart take so long to vacate the pitch when he was substituted in stoppage time? Stunning performance Knocky. Milk the applause of course. But Keith Stroud was always going to add on the time.
4) Keith Stroud. How many times this season as ref or 4th Official for an evening match? I’ll wager he’s officiated at least twenty times for a 7:45pm kick off since the Amex opened. Did a good job though.
5) Is The Withdean firework man now at the Amex? Just one solitary banger though behind the south stand in stoppage time . In between a thousand or so Wolves corners. Maybe the Withdean Screamer will make a comeback. Or perhaps his voice will have finally broken. I still shudder that a fully grown man boasted on Ian Harts phone- in about screaming at football matches.
LIKE WHAT WE DO? HELP US TO DO MORE OF IT BY DONATING HERE.