A 22-year-old man from Brighton has been convicted of carrying out a series of sex attacks.
Jude Krishnan, of Montpelier Crescent, Brighton, assaulted five women, targeting them when they were by themselves. He tried to assault two more.
A jury at Brighton Crown Court could not reach a verdict on three more charges of sexual assault.
Krishnan attacked three women in one night on Saturday 2 February last year in Roundhill Crescent and Gloucester Place in London Road, Brighton.
He assaulted a woman in Lewes Road, Brighton, on Thursday 17 January last year and another on Monday 16 September – seven months after his arrest on Sunday 3 February.
The court was told that Krishnan approached women as they were walking at night or in the early hours of the morning and groped them through their clothes.
Krishnan was found guilty of two attempted sexual assaults. The first was reported to have happened on the Sussex University campus in Falmer on Wednesday 30 May 2012.
The second was said to have taken place on The Level in Brighton five and half months later on Sunday 18 November.
The charges left on file include one relating to an incident in Upper Hollingdean Road, Brighton, on Sunday 18 November 2012.
The other two, from Thursday 3 January last year, relate to incidents in Park Crescent Terrace and Union Road, Brighton.
On Friday (13 June) Krishnan was remanded in custody to await sentence on Friday 25 July.
After the case Detective Constable Dawn Robertson, of Sussex Police, said: “After a complex investigation I am pleased that Jude Krishnan has been found guilty of seven offences.
“This was a series of sexual assaults offences committed over a nine-month period which showed that he presented a real danger to lone women.
“We hope that this gives confidence to other women to come forward and support the criminal justice system in the prosecution of sexual offences.”
LIKE WHAT WE DO? HELP US TO DO MORE OF IT BY DONATING HERE.