Couple having row may have seen Brighton seafront attack

Posted On 20 Mar 2015 at 10:20 pm

A couple who were arguing could have seen the thug who left a teenager with a fractured skull in an attack on Brighton seafront.

Sussex Police issued an appeal today (Friday 20 March) for help to trace the man and woman who were arguing near the scene of the attack.

The force said: “The victim, from Burgess Hill, had just left the Shooshh night club on Brighton seafront at about 3am on Saturday 31 January when he was assaulted from behind and knocked to the ground on the ramp leading up to King’s Road, opposite the Thistle Brighton hotel.

“The 18-year-old, who had been out with friends to celebrate his birthday, suffered a fractured skull, bruising to the brain and a burst eardrum in the attack. He is currently recovering.

“The victim had just passed a man and a woman who were arguing at the foot of the ramp and officers are keen to identify them to find out what they might have seen.”

The man was believed to be white, about 5ft 8in tall and muscular with short black hair. He was about 21 or 22 years old. He was wearing a red long-sleeved chequered shirt.

Detective Sergeant Chris Lane said: “We believe they were the last people to see the victim before he was attacked so we urgently need to speak to them.

“If you know who they are, or you are the man or the woman, please contact us.”

Anyone with information is asked to phone Sussex Police on 101, email 101@sussex.pnn.police.uk or call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

Leave a Reply

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.