• About
    • Ethics policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Ownership, funding and corrections
    • Complaints procedure
    • Terms & Conditions
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
Brighton and Hove News
24 May, 2026
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Brighton and Hove News
No Result
View All Result
Home 999

Speeding car crashes into two houses and a car before being dumped

by Jo Wadsworth
Friday 12 Apr, 2019 at 2:24PM
A A
0
Speeding car crashes into two houses and a car before being dumped

The abandoned Nissan in Richmond Street

The house in Windmill Street

A mother has told of her shock when the family was woken by a car smashing into her garden wall, making the whole house “shudder”.

The smash happened in Windmill Street at about 5am. The car, a Nissan Micra, is believed to have then crashed into a car in Richmond Street then
smashed into a house in Southover Street before eventually being dumped.

Witnesses reported seeing two men and a woman in the car. The woman was seen to get out of the car in Southover Street and appeared to be injured, but was told by the men to get back in before it sped off again.

Leonie Shearing said: “Some complete turdbrain in a stolen car drove into our front garden wall on Windmill Street. The whole house shuddered but the idiot had driven off by the time I’d opened the door.

“It was pretty scary. I thought they’d actually driven into the house. It was a big smack, broken glass and bits of car on the road. The milkman just avoided being run over by the sound of it.”

The house in Southover Street

Rob Hodges, who lives opposite the first house hit in Southover Street said: “There was a loud bang and crying so I looked out the window to see a black carin the front of the house opposite me.

“The car had been speeding down the hill where it hit the roundabout too fast and crashed. Before I could get my shoes on, they were reversing it out and drove off down the road at speed then took a left turn – that’s when we lost sight.

“Myself and two neighbours checked the house and called police – the fire brigade showed up 10 minutes later and we still haven’t heard from the police.

“I saw three people in the car, one woman who was standing outside the car crying and saying her neck and head hurt and she was bleeding.

“The two guys with her told her to get back in the car and shut the f*** up.

“Hanover is a rat run for speeding cars despite the speed humps. At the speed they were going, if anyone was walking they would have been dead if hit.”

He said that he had initially thought the car was a Fiat 500, but after checking a neighbour’s CCTV, it became clear the car was a Nissan Micra.

The abandoned Nissan in Richmond Street

A police spokesman said: “At 5.13am on Friday (12 April) police received a report of a black Fiat 500 car having collided with an unoccupied house in Southover Street, Brighton, before making off.

“The impact created a crack in a wall and firefighters attended to check for structural damage. Police are seeking the vehicle and its driver.

“At 5.22am, a black Nissan Micra collided with a Toyota Prius parked at the roadside in Richmond Street, Brighton. The driver – a man in his late teens or early 20s, 5ft 9in, slim build, dressed in black – fled on foot in the direction of Tarner Road.

“Given the similarity in size and colour of a vehicle which collided with a wall of a house in nearby Southover Street, Brighton, some 10 minutes earlier, police have not ruled out the possibility that these incidents may be linked. Enquiries are continuing.”

Support quality, independent, local journalism that matters. Donate here.
ShareTweetShareSendSendShare

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most read

Pub tile developer asks court to make council pay his costs

Former Brighton teacher awaits sentence for ‘sexting’ boy of 13

Palm house turned into butterfly garden

Speeding car crashes into two houses and a car before being dumped

Phone-free restaurant finds permanent home

New bus route to start next month

Opposition overlooked and left in the dark, says councillor

New mayor takes over in Brighton and Hove

Hospital marks £860m project’s helipad and cancer milestones

Missing boy found safe

Newsletter

Arts and Culture

  • All
  • Music
  • Theatre
  • Food and Drink
Max Cooper announces two 3D/AV shows

Max Cooper announces two 3D/AV shows

24 May 2026
Here’s a night out not to be missed!

Here’s a night out not to be missed!

24 May 2026
Irvine Welsh, Men In Love, Charleston Festival, 23rd May 2026

Irvine Welsh charms the Charleston Festival

24 May 2026
Oh To Believe in Another World: Shostakovich Symphony No.10

Oh To Believe In Another World

23 May 2026
Load More

Sport

  • All
  • Brighton and Hove Albion
  • Cricket
Brighton and Hove Albion reach Europe despite losing to Man Utd

Brighton and Hove Albion reach Europe despite losing to Man Utd

by Ed Elliot - PA
24 May 2026
0

Brighton and Hove Albion 0 Manchester United 3 The Seagulls have qualified for European football for only the second time...

All to play for as Brighton and Hove Albion host Manchester United

All to play for as Brighton and Hove Albion host Manchester United

by Frank le Duc
24 May 2026
0

Fabian Hürzeler has made three changes from last week as Brighton and Hove Albion host Manchester United in the final...

Welbeck double sinks Liverpool at Brighton and Hove Albion

Welbeck deserves a World Cup place, says Brighton and Hove Albion boss

by PA sport staff
23 May 2026
0

Danny Welbeck deserves a place in the England World Cup squad, according to Brighton and Hove Albion head coach Fabian...

Sussex Sharks open T20 Blast with a win

Sussex off to a winning start in the Blast

by Martin Smith - ECB Reporters Network supported by Rothesay
22 May 2026
0

Essex 191-5 (20 overs) Sussex Sharks 192-4 (16 overs) Sussex Sharks win by 6 wickets John Simpson hurried Sussex Sharks...

Load More
April 2019
M T W T F S S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930  
« Mar   May »

RSS From Sussex News

  • Woman dies as car and motorbikes crash 24 May 2026
  • Former assistant head awaits sentence for ‘sexting’ boy of 13 23 May 2026
  • Biggest hospital in Sussex marks two key milestones 22 May 2026
  • Detective arrested on suspicion of drink driving 21 May 2026
  • First train with Great British Railways livery unveiled in Sussex 20 May 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
  • About
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy
  • Complaints
  • Ownership, funding and corrections
  • Ethics
  • T&C

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News

No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Opinion
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
  • Sport
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
  • About
  • Contact

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News