The team behind the Sackville Tower plans for Hove seafront have made a series of changes after the recent public consultation.
The housing association said: “There has been a reduction of nine homes following the consultation, which took place late last year.
“The ‘plinth’ building has been redesigned with amended building heights and building lines in response to the neighbouring homes.
“The design and materials of the plinth building and the taller ‘tower’ element have been refined and further improved.”
Ward councillor Tom Bewick said on Twitter: “Good meeting with reps from @HydeHousing about #SackvilleTower – Clear to me they are taking residents’ concerns on board & making changes.”
Hyde development director for the south Tom Shaw said: “We have listened and acted on the feedback from local residents and councillors.
“Accordingly, following the recent consultation, a number of changes have been made to the proposed development at the former Sackville Hotel.
— Cllr Tom Bewick (@Lab_Westbourne) January 4, 2016
“These include a reduction in the number of homes to 98, a redesigned ‘plinth’ building so it is now lower and in line with the neighbouring homes and an amended ground floor layout to relocate the proposed refuse store away from existing neighbours.
“Hyde is committed to continuing to work closely with the local planning authority and other stakeholders to meet local housing need, help deliver local economic growth and to regenerate a prominent site on the Hove seafront which has sat derelict for a decade.”
LIKE WHAT WE DO? HELP US TO DO MORE OF IT BY DONATING HERE.