• Exclusive Record Store Day Vinyl Releases • BBC Sussex Broadcasting Live from the Store (9am to Midday) • Five bands playing outside the store in Duke Street from 12:45 • 21 Duke Street shops join forces to support Vinyl Revolution & Record Store Day
Event: Record Store Day Venue: Vinyl Revolution, 33 Duke St, Brighton. BN1 1AG Date: Saturday 21st April 2018 Start time: 8am End time: 6pm
This will be Vinyl Revolution’s first Record Store Day (RSD) and we’re going to make it a day to remember! Not only are we going to have a brilliant range of very limited and very collectable records for sale, but we are going to have a LOT OF FUN!
Here is some background info and a rundown of the day:
BBC Sussex Broadcasting Live from the store 09:00 – 12:00 We are honoured to host BBC Sussex in the shop on Record Store Day. Danny Pike will be joining us to present his morning show (which will broadcast over BBC Sussex & BBC Surrey). For the first time in over 20 years Danny will play all the music on his show from vinyl records and will DJ from decks in Vinyl Revolution’s window.
Local Band Competition We ran a competition for a local band to open proceedings on our outdoor stage and after 100’s of votes we can confirm that the winners are Dirt Royal, who garnered 57% of the total vote – we look forward to hosting them on the 21st April
Live Music: We are really excited to be presenting live music in the street directly outside our shop. We are even more excited to have 5 incredible bands performing, including the winners of our ‘Local Band’ Competition, Dirt Royal.
CLICK ON LINKS ABOVE FOR BAND INFO, REVIEWS AND VIDEOS
Note: We have an outside gazebo to shelter the bands and equipment from rain, but should the weather be really bad we’ll move inside. We won’t be cancelling – the show will go on!
Our Duke Street neighbours join forces to support our shop and Record Store Day We have a fantastic community in Duke Street, our neighbours are excited about RSD and are supporting us by dressing up the street and their shops, restaurants and bars with balloons, providing special RSD offers to our customers and even dressing up!
Record Store Day at Vinyl Revolution – things to consider:
• This year 503 titles have been released and we have ordered just under half of these titles based upon our customers buying habits and ‘wish lists’.
• We have ordered as many of the titles on our order list as we can, but as quantities of each record are very limited (presses running from 300 to 5000 units with most records limited to either 500 or 1000 units) we will only be sent a small quantity of each. It is for this reason that Record Store Day sees people queueing up early to get in the door first! • Record Store Day has very strict rules which shops have to respect, or risk being banned from future RSD participation. These are the two important RSD rules which we have to abide by: o No records can be reserved. They must be sold on a ‘first come first served’ basis in-store (not online or by telephone). o Customers can only buy 1 copy of each record
• We are not allowed to sell any RSD records online or by mail-order for a period of 7 days after Record Store Day.
• We will sell left over RSD records in-store at the same price as they are sold for on RSD – we will not auction or price hike records in the same way that individuals will do on eBay. We will start selling online from 12.00am on Saturday 28th April (just after midnight on Friday 27th April!).
• Please note: No student discount or Tote Bag loyalty discount will be available on RSD record stock. They will be available on all other stock on the day though.
About Record Store Day
• Record Store Day was founded in the US as a celebration of the unique culture surrounding over 700 independently owned record stores in the USA, and hundreds of similar stores internationally. Metallica officially kicked off Record Store Day at Rasputin Music in San Francisco on April 19, 2008 and Record Store Day is now celebrated on the third Saturday every April.
• The UK followed suit and launched Record Store Day in 2008 and has been growing steadily ever since. A handful of stores participated in the first UK Record Store Day and since then it has grown to about 240 stores.
• Record Store Day records
• A special selection of records are pressed in very limited quantities exclusively for Record Store Day. Only independent record stores can access these records.
We look forward to seeing you there!