A man faces a trial by jury after he denied that he carried out a religiously aggravated attack on a Jewish woman in the centre of Brighton.
Jemal Keddad, 40, of North Road, Brighton, appeared at Brighton Crown Court on Friday (15 May) having pleaded not guilty last month at an arraignment hearing – when the charge was formally put.
Matthew Hodgetts, prosecuting, told Recorder Quincy Whitaker that the assault happened at the Clock Tower, in North Street, Brighton, on Saturday 8 November last year.
Recorder Whitaker told the defendant that he would go on trial on Thursday 15 April next year and that the trial was expected to last two days.
She also told him that a pre-trial review would take place on Monday 22 March next year and remanded him on unconditional bail.
Keddad pleaded guilty to assaulting the woman when he appeared before Judge Mark Van Der Zwart in a hearing at Lewes Crown Court on Friday 10 April.








It feels like the law is beginning to wake up a little and starting to play its part in halting this tsunami of Jew hate, that has been sanctioned by the casual attitude of the hate marches and inflammatory gesture politics of the Labour Council repeating and endorsing racist lies against Jews over the war against Hamas.